Named after Christopher Columbus (who called Jamaica “the most beautiful island he had ever seen”), our spectacular seaside restaurant features architecture reminiscent of Jamaica’s golden age. The details can be seen in the hand-chipped stone, thatched roofs, and a meandering ocean’s edge porch, all set under a rustic fortress—Juan’s Lookout Tower, aptly named after Columbus’ son.
Locally produced fruits and vegetables grown in volcanic-rich soil—along with fresh island meats and seafood—shape the cuisine at Christopher’s, which is accented by international culinary techniques and preparations. Regional recipes, Spanish fare, and twists on Caribbean cooking are infused with historical culinary influences. The kitchen is centered on a 900-degree wood-fired oven, often stoked with pimento or mango wood.
Come as you are for a relaxed, casual breakfast or lunch. Dress up—or down—for dinner, where white tablecloths and sparkling wine glasses reflect the magnificent setting sun.
ISABELLA'S RUM BAR
A globally-sourced rum collection anchors Isabella’s, named after the Spanish queen who gave Columbus the ships for his discovery of the New World (including the Caribbean). Enjoy made-from-scratch cocktails prepared with fresh-squeezed juices. Staff favorites include our signature Jamaican Firefly...and the sweetest fresh pineapple juice you’ve ever tasted.
Variety of dining options
- You can dine at Christopher’s throughout your stay. The menu changes daily, so you will have something new to try each day.
- Room service meals and beverages can be delivered to your villa, where you can enjoy a private dining experience in your outdoor pavilion.
- We can recommend—and transport you to—fabulous, fun, and varied local restaurants in Ocho Rios and elsewhere on the island.
- You can prepare your own meals—or we can provide a personal chef to prepare them for you—in your villa’s spacious, gourmet kitchen. Plus, learn some Caribbean cooking techniques while you’re here.
- Have your kitchen pre-stocked to-order before your arrival.
- Explore the local groceries and open-air markets to choose your own fresh ingredients.